Felt Wall Panels and Wall Coverings
Benefits & Uses
Felt wall panels are a hot interior design trend — and for good reason. There are numerous advantages to using felt for your interior design needs, including its durability and versatility. In addition to being easily transformed into chic, modern decorative pieces, felt also has benefits such as insulation, water and chemical resistance, and noise reduction. The durability of felt panels also means that they are easy to maintain. They are also relatively inexpensive to produce and install, relative to other paneling and wall covering options. At Laser Cutting Shapes, the most popular uses for felt paneling include:
- Felt Wall Panels
- Hanging Felt Panels
- Felt Wall Coverings
- Felt Acoustic Panels
- Felt Wall Art and Wall Decor
- Felt Wall Tiles
- Felt Ceiling Panels
- And more!
The Laser Felt Eco used at Laser Cutting Shapes is the cleanest, greenest, and most versatile decorative textile available. Thanks to the precision of the laser cutting process, you have virtually unlimited options for producing interior panels and decorative wall coverings that meet your exact interior design needs and specifications.
Ready to learn more? Browse some examples of our laser cut felt paneling solutions below or click Start Your Quote to start your project today!
Features & Benefits of Interior Felt Paneling Solutions
Use Laser Felt Eco on your next project and enjoy the beauty and performance of the cleanest, greenest and most versatile decorative textile available. Its many properties are unrivaled by any other single material. Some of these benefits include:
Q&A For Felt Laser Cutting
Very few! Laser cutting felt provides almost limitless options. Custom felt paneling solutions are absolutely available. Our felt wall paneling, room dividers, hanging partitions, and other interior products provide designers with endless possibilities for both functional and artistic creativity.
Any vector file can be used to create stunning laser cut felt panels that are 100% unique to your project. Our laser cutting machines use a vector file to cut almost any shape, no matter how complex.
In addition to felt panels and dividers that are available in standard sizes, we are able to make any custom size panels.
Felt comes synthetic or wool. Felt could be 100% wool or less. Each type of felt has it’s pros and cons. Laser cutting felt with a high content of wool will create a darker edge. Also, when wool felt is laser cut, it releases an unpleasant smell of burnt hair. Thicker wool felt has darker edges and the unpleasant smell takes longer to air out. Contrary to this, thin wool felt has less visible dark edges, and the smell disappears within a day. Synthetic felt has a list of benefits compared to wool. It is less expensive. It is easier to laser cut synthetic felt because it does not change the edge color and does not have a specific smell attributed to laser cut wool. Lately, we work with suppliers that manufacture felt from recycled plastics.
This felt, called Laser Felt Eco, is the cleanest, greenest, most versatile decorative textile available. It is perfect for interior paneling and office dividers that achieve your design needs, while also being mindful of the environment.
We have the capacity to keep billions of plastic PET bottles out of the world’s landfills each year by using post-consumer plastic bottles instead of virgin materials in the fiber manufacturing process. By doing this, we can lower harmful air emissions and save millions of barrels of oil from being used. This, in turn, reduces the harmful effects of acid rain, global warming and smog. Fabrics made from Laser Felt Eco fiber are chemically and functionally nearly identical to those made from non-recycled fiber. The difference is that Laser Felt Eco fiber is made without depleting the Earth’s natural resources. With properties such as strength, softness, shrinkage-resistance, and colorfastness, market applications for Laser Felt Eco are expanding every day.
Leading manufacturers have given their endorsement to Laser Felt Eco as the fiber of choice for delivering exceptional technical qualities to their products. Our supply of recycled PET is received with product certification and specification test data. This ensures the criteria for 100% recycled PET and the quality level of the material are met. Supplier certifications are available upon request.
Custom laser cut felt orders are very popular. These are the steps we recommend following for a custom order:
- Decide on Size. Please remember that maximum width of a single panel could be no more than 51″. The long dimension is pretty much endless. The standard length of our panels is 96″.
- Decide on color. Laser Felt Eco is 100% recycled felt that is available in 15 colors.
- Design your pattern. You may find an image that you wish to use for pattern design – we can help you to create a file.
- Decide on quantity of panels.
- Decide on type of panel: single layer, double layer, hanging or wall mounted.
- After all above decisions are made please contact us with information: pattern design+size+color+ type of panel + quantity
- We will be back with the price within 1-3 days.
- When you place the order you should expect your product within 5-10 days.
Our experts are available to help every step of the way. Don’t hesitate to start a free quote and let us know how we can help bring your project to life!
We offer several solutions for hanging felt panels. Others are available. Our hanging options include:
- Hanging with optional tracking system.
- Hanging with optional fabric loops over the rod. Rod is not provided.
- Plain panel with 5 holes at the top for any custom hanging such as rings or other.
- For the wall applications all our Laser Felt Eco panels have a PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) on the back. During the mounting, your installer has to peel the liner of PSA and mount the panel on the wall. Warning! The adhesive is very strong – please make sure that panel alignment is done properly prior to mounting.